Friday, April 25, 2008

Medications for IVF

I did some shopping around for my medications, because I learned there is a wide range in pricing. My doctor gave the option of using either GonalF or Follistim, and we went with Follistim because it was cheaper at the pharmacy we chose.

We went with Apothecary Shops, and the total was $1887. Below is a list of medications I was prescribed for the entire cycle:

Follistim 300 (5 vials)
Menopur 75iu (7)
Medrol 4mg (16)
HCG(Novarel) 10,000iu
Leuprolide Acetate 2.8mL (generic)
Lupron 2.8mL multi-vial Kit
Doxycycline 100mg (10)
Progesterone in ethyl oleate oil (2)
Vivelle Dot 0.1mg Patch (8)

My next appointment is Monday morning at 7:45am. We go in to learn how to do the shots, as well as for the trial transfer. The trial transfer is a procedure used to "map out" the shape of my uterus so the doctor knows in advance where he wants to deposit the blastocysts when the time comes.

No comments: