Friday, April 11, 2008

IUI Intrauterine Insemination

Well, I went through with 4 cycles of inseminations, all with no success. After my very first insemination I felt fine, and then at 5pm that same day my back started hurting. Within an hour I was in bed, in excrutiating pain if I moved my back, and I had a fever of 103. I called the Dr. and he thought it was too soon to have an infection, but he prescribed an antibiotic. I took Tylenol to control the fever, and the next day I was fine. It's a very similar experience to what happened after I had my hsg (hysterosalpingogram), so now I'm thinking it was my body's reaction to being messed with, and not necessarily an infection. That's very good news, because the Dr. thought it was possible that the hsg infection may have done damage to my tubes. Now there's hope that there wasn't any damage.

I was very nervous when I first started the inseminations, but then they became no big deal. The worst part is the cathetar tube that has to be fed into your uterus. My body apparently takes a sharp turn to get to my uterus, so the Dr. asked me to have a full bladder because it "straightens out" my insides.

Now that I have gone through the four inseminations with no success, we are moving on to invitro.

No comments: