Monday, October 15, 2007

Progesterone

After an hour in traffic this morning I arrived at Dr. Rosen's office late, and had my blood taken for a Progesterone reading. I got my results back late in the afternoon, and it was good news. Based on the timing of my cycle (one week past ovulation) my progesterone level is in the normal range. It should be above a 10 for this time in my cycle, and it was a 10.6.

I was given the go-ahead to start IUI next month (intra-uterine insemination). Better yet, because my hormones are all normal and I'm ovulating properly I won't need to take any shots or supplements. We'll basically get the "natural" version of IUI, if you can call it that. Last I checked the turkey baster was reserved for turkeys, but maybe I am one!!

Love you all.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay. :) You'll be making babies in no time!! See you in a week or so!! Love you! Mom.

Rian said...

Lori, I just wanted to stop by and say Hi and welcome to the blogosphere. I really hope that IUI does the trick for you!!! Good luck

Katie said...

First time by! I hope this cycle is IT for you! Welcome to the blogasphere!

Mindy said...

Welcome to the blogosphere and good luck!